I’ve heard a lot of good things about listicles, and thought I’d give them a try. Here’s a list of learning resources to help you along your WordPress journey.
Free Learning Resources:
- WordPress Codex: The official documentation for WordPress. It provides detailed information on everything related to WordPress, including installation, configuration, theme development, plugin development, and more.
- WordPress.org Support Forums: An active community-driven support forum where you can ask questions, seek help, and find solutions to common WordPress issues.
- Do The Woo: Podcast about all things WooCommerce and community, with rotating topics
- Smashing Magazine: Although not exclusively focused on WordPress, Smashing Magazine regularly publishes articles, tutorials, and resources related to WordPress development, design, and best practices.
- Envato Tuts+: Tuts+ Code offers a wide range of WordPress tutorials and courses for both beginners and advanced users. They cover topics such as theme development, plugin development, optimization, and more.
- WordPress.tv: WordPress.tv hosts a vast collection of videos from WordCamps and WordPress events worldwide. You can find presentations, workshops, and talks on various WordPress-related topics by industry experts.
Paid Learning Resources:
- WP101 – $12 USD/month, or one time fee of $96 USD: Offers comprehensive video tutorials for beginners to learn WordPress. Their tutorials cover various aspects of WordPress, including installation, theme customization, plugin management, and more.
- SitePoint – $9 USD/month premium: SitePoint features an extensive collection of WordPress tutorials, articles, and resources. Their content covers various aspects of WordPress development, design, and website optimization.
- LinkedIn Learning – Starts at $19.99 USD/month: Formerly known as Lynda.com, LinkedIn Learning offers a wide range of video courses on WordPress, covering different skill levels and specific topics like theme development, plugin development, and more.
- YouTube Channels:
Hopefully these tips help you find what you were looking for, and if you have anything specific you have questions about, or need resources for, let me know! We’re active on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, and would love to hear from you.